- A spindle motor (Automation Direct)
- X-axis servo (Dorna)
- Y-axis servo (Dorna)
- Servo controllers/amplifiers (Dorna)
- Spindle motor controller (Automation Direct)
- Spindle encoder (US Digital)
- Brains (LinuxCNC, mintbox computer, Mesa 7i92 and 7i76)
Here is what I settled on.
- Spindle motor from Automation Direct: 5 HP TEFC 3 phase 208/220VAC 1800 RPM with a max speed of 2700 RPM.
As you might imagine this was a welcome first step. It certainly appeared that my lathe spindle bearings were ok.