I decided to rip everything out of the machine except for the spindle, the ways, and the ball screws. I removed the 300 lb commutated coreless brushed DC motor which was the spindle, I removed both servos, I removed the tape reader, I removed the control panel, I removed the old DC servo drivers. When I got done it was quite terrifying, but it also made me feel a hell of a lot better. Rather than having a bunch of late 70's electronics that I was unable to determine whether they were in working condition I had a mechanically complete machine missing only brains and motive devices.
Check out the stuff I ripped out
I've just got a lot of interests to put it simply. This is a portal into my thoughts, ramblings, and projects.